East Side Children's Ministry
We exist to see Manhattan's East Side children--and those of the entire city--renewed spiritually, socially, and culturally through a movement of the reconciling gospel of Jesus Christ for the glory of God. We work toward this goal by coming alongside parents as they train their children to be on mission with Jesus, to know him personally, to follow him in a community that encourages and supports their growth, and shares the good news of what he’s done across cultures.
The Gospel in the City for Generations.
- We trust that the gospel brings peace with God and one another, changes lives through personal conversion and brings renewal through formative spiritual practices. Romans 1:16
- We seek a reconciled city/neighborhood by being on mission with Jesus wherever we are, exhibiting cross cultural love and counter cultural truth. Jeremiah 29:7
- We believe that parents are the primary vehicles for children’s spiritual formation and we strive to equip, encourage and support them as they disciple their children
- We believe that children can be fostered to expand the kingdom of God and the missional movement of the gospel by crossing cultural boundaries and making disciples. Psalm 78:4, 6-7
Mission- How do we do this?
In Children's Ministry, we will work to provide:
- Support and equipping for parents to train their children in the Gospel
- Everything pointing back to the Gospel and its double peace
- Engaging, truthful, and diverse worship and programs
- Leaders who are safe, truthful, vulnerable and invest in their children
- A safe place to ask questions and be heard
- A place where cross cultural friendships and community can develop
- Support for children to missionally engage their neighborhood, relationships and schools for the Gospel
Redeemer Families at Home
Because of COVID-19, East Side Children Ministry's in-person classes have been suspended until further notice. To support and equip you as parents who are training their children in the Gospel, we are creating age-specific online lessons that we post each week. Beginning September 13, we will also add a live class for your children on Sunday mornings. This class will be on Zoom for 3 year olds through 5th graders. They will be divided into breakout groups within the meeting. Click here to register your child(ren).
Visit Redeemer Families at Home for current resources for Infants- High School students. This page is updated each week.
Serve with ES Children
We are always looking for those with a heart for children or a passion for sharing God's love to serve in East Side Children. Complete a volunteer application or contact [email protected] to get started!