In Person Worship
Updated March 23, 2021
Beginning Sunday, May 30 we are altering our approach to our in-person worship services following the recently updated guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and NY State. We will be following the guidelines established by the State for indoor gatherings limited to 250 people. Temple Israel has a seating capacity of around 900. We will continue to live stream on our YouTube channel.
- Individuals who are fully vaccinated (two weeks have elapsed since your final dose or single-shot dose) will be allowed to sit on the main floor of the sanctuary without social distancing and masks will be optional. Pre-registration will be required, but no seat assignments will be made. Children under the age of 12 who are not yet vaccine eligible, and under the age of 16 who have not yet been able to be vaccinated, may accompany and be seated with a fully-vaccinated parent.
- Individuals who are not fully vaccinated or desire to continue to wear masks and socially distance will be assigned seats in the balcony where there is more space to accommodate social distancing.
- We will use a self-reporting honor system during the pre-registration process to indicate fully-vaccinated status.
- Hand sanitizer is available for use throughout the building.
- No in-person children’s ministry, classes, or coffee hour.
If you are fully vaccinated and plan to sit on the main floor, please register here:
If you plan to sit in the balcony, please register here:
Worship Service Registration details
Registration is required to attend for all attendees over the age of one and is open to everyone.
- Registration opens on Mondays at 8 a.m. and closes Saturdays at noon (or sooner if we reach maximum capacity).
- If you cannot attend, cancel your registration so that others can participate with in-person services.
- No walk-in participants are allowed at this time.
- We ask for prayers, patience, and grace as we continue to think through regathering in a manner that is safe for everyone.
- Plan to arrive early. Check-in and seating could take approximately 5-10 minutes. Doors will open at 10 a.m., 30 minutes prior to the start of service.
- Follow directions of staff. It is our desire to keep everyone as safe as possible. We can only do this with your cooperation.
- Pay attention to signs. Follow the floor markers, and adhere to the limited number of people allowed in the restroom at one time.
- Visit with other attendees outside. After the service you may want to catch up with another person who attended the service. Please do so outside.
- Give gifts online. We are not passing the offering basket during this time. Don’t let this be a hindrance to your financial generosity. You may continue giving your gifts online.
If you have question regarding protocols for in-person services, contact [email protected]