In Person Worship
Updated March 16, 2021
Regathering for Sunday Worship
Over the last year we have been the church scattered throughout the city, worshiping remotely during this COVID-19 pandemic. We are resuming a limited in-person Sunday Worship service at Temple Israel starting February 28 while continuing to livestream on our YouTube channel.
- Arrive early to accommodate COVID-19 safety protocols.
- Individuals who are immunocompromised, considered to be high risk, unwell, out of town, unable to register or uncomfortable attending in-person services are highly encouraged to participate on livestream.
- Pre-registration is required to limit attendance and enable contact tracing, if necessary.
- Limit of 100 attendees to ensure safe physical distancing.
- There is a health screening prior to entry (see below).
- All persons ages 2+ must wear a face mask/covering over their mouth and nose at all times while inside Temple Israel.
- Hand sanitizer is available for use throughout the building.
- No in-person children’s ministry, classes, or coffee hour.
What to expect
A Virtual Tour
Worship Service Registration details
Registration is required to attend for all attendees over the age of one. To keep social distancing requirements we can only allow 100 individuals into service. Registration is open to everyone.
- Registration opens on Mondays at 8 a.m. and closes Saturdays at noon (or sooner if we reach maximum capacity).
- If you cannot attend, cancel your registration so that others can participate with in-person services.
- No walk-in participants are allowed at this time.
- We ask for prayers, patience, and grace as we continue to think through regathering in a manner that is safe for everyone.
As part of the online registration process you must agree to the COVID safety protocols
All attendees must read and agree to the following list of health screening statements:
- I am not currently experiencing any of the following symptoms: Fever (temperature that is elevated for you/100.0F or greater) or chills, Cough, Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, Fatigue, Muscle or body aches, Headache, New loss of taste or smell, Sore throat, Congestion or runny nose, Nausea or vomiting, and/or Diarrhea.
- I have not traveled for more than 24 hours outside of New York State or contiguous states. If I have, I took a COVID-19 diagnostic test after arrival in New York State and did not test positive. (More info on New York State’s current travel quarantine policy here.)
- I have not had a positive COVID-19 diagnostic test in the past 10 days.
- I have not had any close contact in the last 10 days with someone with a current diagnosis of COVID-19.
At All Times
- All persons age 2+ must wear a face mask/covering that covers the nose and mouth while inside Temple Israel.
- Observe physical distancing of 6 feet between you and non-household individuals.
During The Service
- You will be escorted to your seat(s) by an usher.
- Seating is pre-planned by the size of your registered party. This means that during this stage of reopening you may not be able to sit where you are used to sitting. Please follow the directions of the staff and sit where you are directed.
- If you would like to sing during the service, we encourage you to double mask. Disposable masks will be available at the check in table in the courtyard for anyone who would like to double mask.
- NOTE: During the service, the worship leaders and preacher will need to remove their mask in order to perform their worship activities. They will be at least 12-feet distance from others and will stand behind plexiglass while speaking.
If you test positive for the SARS-CoV-2 virus, which causes COVID-19, within 14 days of attending service, please contact [email protected].
I have read through the above guidelines and am ready to register.
If you have question regarding protocols for in-person services, contact [email protected]
- Plan to arrive early. Check-in and seating could take approximately 5-10 minutes. Doors will open at 10:00 a.m., 30 minutes prior to the start of service. Allow additional time for everyone to go through safety protocols and be seated before the service begins.
- Follow directions of staff. It is our desire to keep everyone as safe as possible. We can only do this with your cooperation.
- Pay attention to signs. Follow the floor markers that mark social distancing. Adhere to the limited number of people allowed in the restroom at one time.
- Visit with other attendees outside. After the service you may want to catch up with another person who attended the service. Please do so outside. We encourage you to safely take a walk in the park or support one of the local restaurants in the area.
- Give gifts online. We are not passing the offering basket during this time. Don’t let this be a hindrance to your financial generosity. You may continue giving your gifts online.