We need many volunteers to serve as welcomers to over 2,000 that walk through our doors each week, to teach our children, to lead and host community groups and to pray for all that God is doing on the East Side.
The Sunday Service Team seeks to create a gospel-centered, welcoming environment by equipping volunteers to serve Redeemer with Christ-like character, and to use their gifts to foster community within the congregation. Watch the video below to learn more.
Opportunities to serve
It takes more than 30 people to run a Sunday service and because we have 3 Sunday services, we are in need of help from more than 60 volunteers each Sunday! We hope you will consider joining us on one of our five Sunday teams:
Welcome Center: Our goal is to greet each and every person who joins us for worship. We want everyone to feel welcomed and cared for. If you enjoy meeting people and love helping them get connected, sign up
Ushers: Ushers distribute bulletins, guide people to available seating and collect and count offering. People who enjoy bringing order out of chaos (and can do it warmly and graciously) should definitely sign up
- Communion Team: The communion team helps to prepare and serve the elements of the Lord’s Supper. If you are a member of Redeemer, sign up to be a part of this ministry.
- Information Table: Are you knowledgeable about Redeemer? Share information about Redeemer and its ministries! Brochures, booklets and other materials are available for attendees seeking to get more acquainted with Redeemer. Sign up to join this team.
- Book Table: Are you a bookworm? If you enjoy reading and recommending books, then the Book Table is the team for you! Sign up to serve with us!
- Each volunteer is assigned a team, each team works together, one Sunday a month for a year (12 times).
- Attend a Training Event during your first year of service.
Events and Activities - As a member of the Sunday Service Team you will be invited to fun events and activities with other volunteers throughout the year. We hope that through these events you will get to know your team members, build new friendships with other volunteers and hopefully feel our big church become a little bit smaller.
Mp3 Subscription - Volunteers have access to a free MP3 sermon which includes the 12 most recent sermons preached on the East Side.
Thank you for your interest in helping serve the families of Redeemer! We seek to provide the best care for our children through a solid team of volunteers.
The Children’s Ministry has been a great way to serve the Redeemer community. Whatever your commitment level, it’s a fun and extremely valuable way of building into the lives of the children at Redeemer. And it’s also a great way to get more involved in the Redeemer body as a whole. I highly recommend it! —John Kim, East Side volunteer
Why volunteer with the Children’s Ministry?
- Invested: Children are the next generation of influencers for Christ in New York and around the world.
- Called: God has given each of us talents to share with others. This is a great place to share your gifts.
- Equipped: Whether you come with training or receive training as you serve with us, your skills and experience will affect families of Redeemer each week.
- Needed: The number of children who attend Redeemer has doubled in the last few years. We need you!
- Community: Your investment in the lives of families and fellow volunteers at Redeemer allows for deeper community. One parent expressed how the community of Children’s Ministry volunteers helps their family stay in the city.
Apply to serve our Children’s Ministry
In order to best equip our volunteers and ensure the safety of all, we have the following application process
- Please click here to sign up if you are interested in volunteering: CM Volunteer Sign-Up
- Please fill out the application and it will be submitted online. Be sure to fill out your references and send to firstname.lastname@example.org We will contact you so that a visit to a class of your choice can be arranged.
- You are required to complete an application and provide three references before joining a volunteer team.
- Once we receive your application, we will arrange an interview, contact your references and complete your background check.
- Once approved, you will be placed on a volunteer team.
- You will need to attend one of our Volunteer Orientations and the annual training in September.
Expectations we have for our volunteers
- Completion of the application process as explained above.
- Teams: Once you join the Children’s Ministry, you are placed on a team. You serve with your team every other week in the same classroom. This is to build deeper community with your teammates and with the children.
- All regularly attending parents are asked to volunteer a minimum of three times a year throughout our ministry. We count on you. Promptness and appropriate preparation are required.
- Adherence to Children’s Ministry policies.
What you can expect from us
- Free annual MP3 subscription on the Sunday you serve.
- Fellowship and community with other volunteers and Redeemer families.
- Service and training opportunities.
- Prayer from Redeemer’s Prayer Team for your volunteer team.
- Most importantly: Joy in knowing you are impacting the lives of children for all eternity!
We know that God listens to the prayers of his people. Whether you would like to learn more about prayer or love prayer, we need you! There are multiple ways to be involved so please come and join us asking, seeking, and enjoying God's presence together. Email [email protected] if you have any questions about the ways to be involved in the prayer ministry detailed below.
Every Sunday, at 8:45 a.m. (in the Chapel) and 4:15 p.m. (in room 61, 6th Fl.)
The morning and evening pre-service prayer teams meet before service to pray over the entire service. It's a great way to prepare your heart for worship and uplift the entire congregation.
Month-End Prayer Meetings
Last Sunday of each month, from 10:45 to 11:15 p.m. in the Balcony of the Sanctuary of Temple IsraelMonth-end prayer meetings are dedicated to praying for a specific ministry or broader vision of our church.
For those who love and feel called to prayer, we have a virtual prayer team that commits to praying five times a week for Redeemer and the peace and prosperity of the city. You will receive a weekly email of prayer requests.