Vision and Values
Vision and Values
Choosing a new church can be daunting. We all want a place that feels like home, a community in which to become rooted. We also want to make sure that community is a good match. It’s one thing to learn what a particular church is about and where it’s come from. But where is the church going?
At Redeemer East Side, we are a community that exists not merely for itself, but also for our neighborhood and for the city. Our mission, vision, and values offer a glimpse into what is important to us and where we, as a community, have been called to go. We believe that the love Christ transforms us, and we are delighted to be part of that transformation. We’d love for you to join us.
Our Vision: Why do we exist?
Redeemer East Side exists to see Manhattan's East Side—and the entire city—renewed spiritually, socially, and culturally through a movement of the gospel of Jesus Christ for the glory of God.
Our Mission: What do we do?
We are building a movement of everyday New Yorkers who are transformed by the gospel, rooted in cross-cultural gospel community, and mobilized for Christ’s mission where they live, work, and love.
Our Core Values
- The Gospel: The Good News of Jesus Christ (Romans 1:16)
- The gospel is the unmerited gift of God in Jesus that brings both peace with God and one another across human divisions.
- The gospel changes lives through personal conversion and brings renewal through formative spiritual practices
- Cross-Cultural Gospel Community: The Reconciling Family of the Father (Ephesians 2:11-22) We strive to be:
- A counter-culture marked by the distinct holiness of those reconciled to God
- A community of cross-cultural love: solidarity, justice, and forgiveness
- A community on mission with Jesus everywhere he sends us
- Missional Callings: The Renewing Mission of the Spirit (Jeremiah 29:4-7) We form disciples of Jesus who bear witness to the gospel and seek:
- Cultural renewal through our work
- Flourishing in our relationships
- Mercy and justice in our neighborhoods
- Gospel Movement: The Dynamics of the Kingdom (Matthew 28:18-20)
- We mobilize disciples who can cross cultures and make more disciples.
- We plant churches that can cross cultures and plant more churches.